The SVC Foundation Scholarship Application for
the 2020-2021 academic year is now open.
The Skagit Valley College Foundation offers a wide variety of scholarships each year to eligible students. To apply for the 2020–2021 academic year scholarships, all applicants must complete and submit the online SVC Foundation Scholarship Application. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm on Friday, February 14, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted, and will not be considered for scholarship eligibility. In order to be eligible for a scholarship through the SVC Foundation, you need to be enrolled in a certificate or degree program. If you are not enrolled in a certificate of degree program at SVC please apply for admissions online at the Washington State Community & Technical College Web Admissions Center (Be sure to select Skagit Valley College after creating an account). For more information: https://www.skagit.edu/admissions/getting-started/first-time-students/.
How to Apply for Scholarships
To apply for SVC Foundation Scholarships, please complete and submit the online SVC Foundation Scholarship application before
5:00 pm on Friday, February 14, 2020.
To apply, please choose the option below that best describes you:
For more information on how to apply...
- Applicants only need to fill out one online application for all SVC Foundation Scholarships. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- After you log in you will need to select “Application”. All questions must be answered in order to complete the application. If a section on the left side says “In Progress” this means that you still need to answer a question(s) in that section. When all sections say “Completed” you can submit the application.
- The application will automatically save as you work through it. You can make changes to the application up until the application submission deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020 – 5:00 pm.
- Once you have completed the application you will receive a message that says “You did it, nothing left to complete. Way to Go”.
- Scholarship criteria varies for each scholarship. For example, some scholarships require a specific area of study, GPA, or SVC campus. All applicants will be considered for each scholarship for which they are eligible. Your eligibility will be determined by how you answer the application questions.
- After the scholarship deadline, the scholarship committee will review all applications and begin the awarding process. In early May, applicants will be notified by the email that they used for sign-in (username), whether or not they received an award. If awarded a scholarship, applicants will be invited to attend a scholarship recognition event, date and time to be determined.
If you have questions regarding the application, please contact Pam Davis | 360.416.7993 | firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. You can also stop by the Skagit Valley College Foundation Office. Our office is located in the Administrative Annex | CA-125. (The Administrative Annex is the building between McIntyre Hall and the Library.) You may also contact Debbie Wysomierski on the Whidbey Island Campus, Financial Aid Office.
Sydney S. McIntyre, Jr. Scholarship
The application period for the Sidney S. McIntyre, Jr. Skagit Valley College Memorial Scholarship is also open and runs through Friday, February 14, 2020. This scholarship is for students majoring in engineering or the pure sciences that were enrolled Fall 2019, or are enrolled Winter 2020, and are planning on transferring to a four-year public university in the state of Washington beginning Fall 2020, upon graduation from SVC. Students must have a cumulative college level GPA of 3.0 or higher.
If you qualify for the Sidney S. McIntyre, Jr. Skagit Valley College Memorial Scholarship you will be asked a follow-up question after you complete the online scholarship application. This follow-up question asks whether or not you want to apply for the Sidney S. McIntyre, Jr. Skagit Valley College Memorial Scholarship. If you choose to apply for this scholarship, you will be required to answer some additional questions and provide three letters of recommendation. Should you be requesting a letter of recommendation from SVC faculty, please do so as early as possible. The application closing date is during finals week of winter quarter, and faculty may not be on campus or available at that time. It is highly recommended that letters be requested well before February 1st in order to allow for adequate processing time.
The deadline for this year’s application period is Friday, February 14, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. No late applications will be accepted.
SVC provides a drug-free environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or age in its programs and employment.
SVC brinda un ambiente libre de drogas y no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, identidad de género, orientación sexual, discapacidad, estado civil ni edad en sus programas y en el empleo.
Please visit the SVC Foundation website to learn more about scholarship giving opportunities and becoming a scholarship donor!