The Skagit Valley College Foundation Scholarship Application is now closed for all scholarships except for the Cardinal STEM Scholars Program, which is open until July 15, 2021.
Students will be notified in early May whether or not they received a scholarship award. All notices, reminders, and emails will be sent to the email that was used for sign-in (username). It is the student’s responsibility to check it regularly.
Students can apply for the Cardinal STEM Scholars Program through the SVC Foundation online application. Please note, the deadline for applying for this scholarship is Thursday, July 15, 2021. For more information about this program: https://www.skagit.edu/stem.
How to Apply for Scholarships
To apply, please choose the option below that best describes you.
I am a student enrolled and currently taking classes at SVC.
I plan to be an SVC student, but am not currently enrolled/taking classes at SVC. Registration may be required before signing-in the first time. (This includes students who have received an SVC email account but are not currently taking classes.)
For more information on how to apply...
- Applicants only need to fill out one online application for all SVC Foundation Scholarships. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- After you log in you will need to select “Application”. All questions must be answered in order to complete the application. If a section on the left side says “In Progress” this means that you still need to answer a question(s) in that section. When all sections say “Completed” you can submit the application.
- The application will automatically save as you work through it. You can make changes to the application up until the application submission deadline: Friday, February 19, 2021.
- Once you have completed the application you will receive a message that says “You did it, nothing left to complete. Way to Go”.
- Scholarship criteria varies for each scholarship. For example, some scholarships require a specific area of study, GPA, or SVC campus. All applicants will be considered for each scholarship for which they are eligible. Your eligibility will be determined by how you answer the application questions.
- We encourage everyone to apply early in order for your application to be successfully completed. Students with an incomplete application by the deadline will not be considered for scholarships.
- After the scholarship deadline, the scholarship committee will review all applications and begin the awarding process. In early May, applicants will be notified by the email that they used for sign-in (username), whether or not they received an award.
If you have questions regarding the application, please contact Pam Davis| email@example.com for assistance.
- After the scholarship deadline, February 19, 2021, the scholarship committee will review all applications and begin the awarding process. Students will be notified in early May whether or not they received a scholarship award. All notices, reminders, and emails will be sent to the email that was used for sign-in (username). It is the student’s responsibility to check it regularly.
- Scholarship awards are typically disbursed beginning fall quarter with larger awards being split evenly between fall, winter and spring quarters. Should a student wish to receive funds in the summer quarter or an alternate disbursement schedule, they must submit notify the SVC Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Office must also be notified if the student is enrolled in less than 12 credits (full-time) for any quarter for which the scholarship is being disbursed. Scholarship balances after tuition has been paid will result in a disbursement through a third-party vendor, BankMobile. For questions regarding BankMobile, please contact the Mount Vernon or Oak Harbor Financial Aid Office.
- All scholarship awards must be scheduled for disbursement by the end of January and used by the end of the academic year, or the award will be returned to the scholarship fund, and possibly be awarded to another student. Written requests for an exception should be submitted to the SVC Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the end of January and will be reviewed by the SVC Scholarship Committee.
- To maintain your eligibility for a scholarship, you must make satisfactory academic progress and meet the eligibility requirements that were used as a basis for determining the award. General criteria for each award are listed under Scholarships on your dashboard. Specific criteria; such as full-time enrollment, campus location, major and/or required coursework for declared major may also apply. Failure to adhere to the scholarship requirements, or changes to the information submitted on the SVC Foundation Scholarship application and essay, may result in ineligibility for the award, or repayment of award funds received.
· For questions, please contact Pam Davis – email@example.com
SVC provides a drug-free environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or age in its programs and employment.
SVC brinda un ambiente libre de drogas y no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, identidad de género, orientación sexual, discapacidad, estado civil ni edad en sus programas y en el empleo.