The 2017-2018 SVC Foundation Scholarship Application period is over. Please check back in November for information about the 2018-2019 application period.
Please see How to Apply for Scholarships below for NEW application submission instructions.
The Skagit Valley College Foundation offers a wide variety of scholarships each year to eligible students. To apply, all applicants must submit the one-page Scholarship Application Form and a one-page (maximum) essay about themselves. High School and/or College Transcripts may also be required from certain applicants. Go to How to Apply for Scholarshipsbelow to get started.
Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year will be accepted during the open application period: November 28, 2016 to 5:00 p.m., March 10, 2017, 5:00 p.m. PST. No early or late applications will be accepted.
The application period for the Sidney S. McIntyre, Jr. Skagit Valley College Memorial Scholarship will also open on November 28, 2016. This scholarship is for students majoring in the Basic or Applied Sciences that were enrolled Fall 2016, or are enrolled Winter 2017, and are planning on transferring to a four-year public university in the state of Washington beginning Fall 2017, upon graduation from SVC. Students must have a cumulative college level GPA of 3.0 or higher. Other criteria may apply. This is a separate application from the Foundation Scholarships noted above, and eligible students can pick up an application packet at the Mount Vernon or Whidbey Island Financial Aid Office during the open application period. Letters of recommendation are a part of the application process. Should you be requesting a letter from SVC faculty, please do so as early as possible. The application closing date is during Spring break and faculty may not be on campus or available at that time. It is highly recommended that letters be requested well before March 1st in order to allow for adequate processing time.
The deadline for this year’s application period is 5:00pm on March 10, 2017. All application materials must be received at the SVC Financial Aid Office, or postmarked, by this date. No early or late applications will be accepted.
We are also offering Scholarship Workshops on both the Mount Vernon and Whidbey Island Campuses! See the Financial Aid Homepage for additional details.
Please visit the SVC Foundation website to learn more about scholarship giving opportunities and becoming a scholarship donor!
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
To Complete and Submit the SVC Foundation Scholarship Application, Please Follow These Steps:
- Complete the SVC Foundation Scholarship Application Form.
- Download the SVC Foundation Scholarship Application Form to your computer and fill out the form completely. Save the completed Application Form.
- Complete your 1-page (maximum) Essay. Your essay should be typed, single-spaced, and address the topics below (those applicable to you and your educational goals.) Save your Essay on your computer.
- Who you are, including your academic goals
- Service or activities in your community and school
- Leadership abilities / experiences / honors / awards
- How you will utilize your education for the betterment of your community
- Challenges / hardships overcome on your life / educational journey
- Your ethnicity and/or contributions made to multicultural activities/causes
- Compile any required transcripts & scan/save them to your computer.
- If you are a high school student, you must provide your up-to-date high school transcripts.
- If you have attended colleges or universities other than SVC, you must provide those transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable.) This includes attendance as a Running Start Student.
- Submit your Application Form, Essay, and any required Transcripts.
- Go the Scholarship Application Submission Page.
- Log on using your SVC Student ID Number and PIN. Your default PIN is your 4 to 6-digit birthdate. **If you do not have a SVC SID# and PIN, or if you are not yet a current SVC student; you can not use the electronic application submission process. You can print out your completed and saved Application Form and Essay (and any required Transcripts) and submit them to the SVC Financial Aid Office in person, or by mail, by the Submission Deadline Date.**
- Upload your completed and saved SVC Foundation Application Form and your 1-page (maximum) Essay, plus any required Transcripts. Only one application will be accepted.
- Log out of the Scholarship Application Submission Page.
- By completing the above steps, you will have submitted your SVC Foundation Scholarship Application. You will be notified in May with either an Invitation to the SVC Honors Reception (if awarded a scholarship or school award,) or a Regrets Letter (if not selected.) Good luck!
Endowed named scholarships may be established at SVC with a minimum of $10,000 donations. The intent of an endowed scholarship is to allow the fund to grow and to award the interest only from the Endowment, usually on an annual basis. This will ensure the fund will remain its original principal balance while assisting students with their educational and financial needs.