Commitment to Ethical Principles and Standards in Nonprofit Management and Fundraising
SVC Foundation is privileged to receive our community’s trust and support. In order to be worthy of this trust, SVC Foundation continually affirms its commitment to responsible, ethical and transparent nonprofit management through the following standards:
- Loyalty and undivided allegiance to SVC Foundation and our pledge to act in the best interest of the organization, without regard for personal gain.
- Obedience to our mission, vision and values, and timely response to all legal regulations requiring annual reporting and filing, including:
- IRS Form 990
- Annual audits of financial statements – in 2015 the audit was produced by Larson Gross PLLC, and resulted in an unqualified opinion of our financial position.
- Oversight by a volunteer Board of Governors, including a Finance Committee.
- Exercise of reasonable care when making decisions as a steward of the organization.
- Endowment and investment policies are available for review.
- Practice and promotion of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethical Principles and Standards. Specifically, we:
- Acknowledge fiduciary, ethical and legal obligations to SVC, our donors and the fundraising profession;
- Use accurate and consistent accounting methods when reporting financial results;
- Adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations; and
- Take care to ensure that contributions are used in accordance with donors’ intentions.